Job Title: Community Development Officer
Salary: 28,325.00 pro-rata
Hours: 21 hours per week, permanent contract depending on funding.
Location: Normally Gorbals Parish Church Glasgow. Currently staff are working from home.
This is a new post for GiL to enable the organisation to better reach, respond to and support the local Gorbals community. During the first year it will be developed and refined in response to the needs of the charity but responsibilities will include the following..
Download the application pack
Community Development and Communications: approx. 40% of time
- Communicating / building relationships with participants, ensuring their access needs are catered for and liaising with musicians to ensure clear communication at all times.
- Managing the GiL website and social media; keeping them updated, writing news articles, liaising with GiL team to write blogs.
- Supporting the Friends of Laldie Scheme; writing newsletters to keep them updated, promoting the scheme to gain new members.
- Attending partnership and networking meetings and developing opportunities and relationships from these meetings.
- Building relationships with people in the Gorbals.
- Supporting the GiL manager to create engaging content for external marketing to potential participants, funders, partners and donors.
Workshop Support: approx. 30% of time
- Providing practical support at Gorbals Parish Church on Wednesdays where 5 groups take place throughout the day. E.g. Keeping registers up to date, making teas and coffees, supporting participants to fill in registration and permissions paperwork, setting up the space and tidying up again, encouraging volunteering, linking participants and visitors into other services and supports in the area.
- Being responsible for Health and Safety and Fire Safety.
- First Aider and Fire Marshall on a Wednesday.
- Key holding responsibilities: opening and closing the building for workshops and operating the alarm.
Admin Support: approx. 20% of time
- Office management; ensuring we have all the resources we need.
- Support financial procedures by collecting and coding invoices.
- Keep staff, volunteer and participant data up to date and stored appropriately.
- Keep our monitoring data up to date.
- Support the collection and analysis of evaluation data.
- Support the writing of key GiLpolicies and procedures.
- Supporting the writing of funding applications and reports through proofreadingand collecting information.
- Support the recruitment and management of new staff and volunteers.
Event Management: approx. 10% of time
- Working with the GiL Manager to put on local community music events, supporting partner events, fundraising and awareness raising activities including: Invitations and promotion, risk assessments, liaising with partners, catering, parental permissions, monitoring and evaluation.
Carry out any other duties as required by GiL in line with the general responsibility of the post.